Thursday 13 June 2013

Scale

It’s silly, especially since I an easily calculate the dimensions of the finished display by taking the dimensions from Altium, but I think tonight was the first time I really comprehended final size of the display I’m building.
I’ve combined 4 boards to create a 32x4 pixel array, which is 870mm tall.
20130613 32x4 RGB LED Element

I think once I’ve got a 32x16 array assembled, I’ll put a halt to the soldering and start with the VHLD; transferring the SPI and timing signals from the STM32F4 onto my DE0-Nano development board. This will be a bit of a challenge, but It needs to happen to free up my microprocessor and allow it to perform graphical processing tasks, along with some I/O work, especially once it's part of a 48 x 32 pixel array.

No comments:

Post a Comment